2000. My first real dance, age 15.

As would continue to be the trend (I have never been asked to a dance), I asked the boy. His parents drove us in their minivan. I distinctly remember worrying, in the dressing room with my best friend, that I looked fat in this dress. I probably should have been worrying about the hideous flowers on my chest.
2001. My first prom.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a picture of the bottom of this dress, but it was one of those ones where the top layer cut away, exposing coordinating tulle. It was all the rage in prom magazines that year. I joined the my first gym earlier that year, swearing my arms would look hot in my prom dress. I did not succeed, however, I haven’t stopped working out!
I don’t have pictures on this computer from my next two proms.. such a shame.
2005 (I think).

I recycled my 2001 prom dress for a Mardi Gras ball where a friend of mine was the queen. I have no idea HOW it still fit, since I’m clearly smaller.
2005. Another Mardi Gras ball – Bacchus (for all you non Louisianians… a Very Big Deal.)

My first limo ride, my first spray tan (gross), and my first time realizing that green is my best color. This picture just isn't really the best example of that.
Winter 2005

A “gala”, I think it was called, that some college friends threw. Apparently, I used to have boobs, and decided it would be a really good idea to wear stripper heels. Oh, hindsight…
2006. Fraternity formal with my now fiancé.

This dress was something like $30.
And, finally, he culmination of all my formal dress experiences...my wedding dress… but only a taste (you know, just in case..) Black dress from the clearance rack at Dillards (first dress shown above), I hope I did you proud.


As would continue to be the trend (I have never been asked to a dance), I asked the boy. His parents drove us in their minivan. I distinctly remember worrying, in the dressing room with my best friend, that I looked fat in this dress. I probably should have been worrying about the hideous flowers on my chest.
2001. My first prom.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a picture of the bottom of this dress, but it was one of those ones where the top layer cut away, exposing coordinating tulle. It was all the rage in prom magazines that year. I joined the my first gym earlier that year, swearing my arms would look hot in my prom dress. I did not succeed, however, I haven’t stopped working out!
I don’t have pictures on this computer from my next two proms.. such a shame.
2005 (I think).

I recycled my 2001 prom dress for a Mardi Gras ball where a friend of mine was the queen. I have no idea HOW it still fit, since I’m clearly smaller.
2005. Another Mardi Gras ball – Bacchus (for all you non Louisianians… a Very Big Deal.)

My first limo ride, my first spray tan (gross), and my first time realizing that green is my best color. This picture just isn't really the best example of that.
Winter 2005

A “gala”, I think it was called, that some college friends threw. Apparently, I used to have boobs, and decided it would be a really good idea to wear stripper heels. Oh, hindsight…
2006. Fraternity formal with my now fiancé.

This dress was something like $30.
And, finally, he culmination of all my formal dress experiences...my wedding dress… but only a taste (you know, just in case..) Black dress from the clearance rack at Dillards (first dress shown above), I hope I did you proud.


1 comment:
priceless.
Post a Comment