We woke up early one Saturday morning, grumpy, armed with our camera and a tripod and headed off to these gardens in town where everyone and their dog takes pictures for special occasions. We stopped in front of a gate that reminded me of the antique-y vibe I was planning for our save the date. I wanted to be creative; he wanted to take the f-ing picture and go home. Arguing ensued, but we still managed to cheese it up for the camera.




After these pictures were taken, I realized that my favorite white dress was no longer a dress...it must have shrunk in the wash and was clearly too short. This, along with the fact that we kept having to reset the timer and re-pose ourselves, pissed me off, which made me mean, which made the fiance mad. We made it about 3 feet inside the park, where we took a few (unsuccessful) pictures before the top 2 buttons on my dress somehow fell off, completely exposing my bra. We went home.


Later on that day, while the fiance was doing something exciting like learning the process of defecation (which, don't worry, he later explained to me) I was rooting through the pictures and miraculously found a pretty decent picture. Stay tuned -- once I get the save the date finalized, I'll post it here.

1 comment:
Oh my goodness, you're hilarious! That is soooo a situation that would happen to me. During our bootleg engagement pics, I began to feel more bloated than I did when I first tried on my shirt, & when I saw the pics, I then realized how right I was in my observation. My buttonhole had spread from east to west with a big fat opening. I'm too lazy to photoshop anything. It is what it is.. lol
Post a Comment