
I think this looks semi-decent... and the fiance's dad approved which is always a good sign.
This website will be displayed on our save the dates and used for our guests, and I would love to be able to set up web RSVP and save some trees (okay, and some postage), but I haven't really looked into that yet. I bought a domain name (www.ournames.com) at Godaddy.com for $6.50/year (do a Google search for Godaddy coupon codes) and set up forwarding (so that when you go to www.ournames.com, it takes you to the sites.google.com address) and masking (so that www.ournames.com is always showing in the address bar, thus "masking" the sites.google.com address).
The trick with getting an attractive finished product in Google sites is to get rid of the sidebars, headers, and footers so that you just have one main box (unless you're into that box-y look) and then doing all of your navigation within the one box. I guess it also helps that I have a grasp on Photoshop and can create my own (mediocre) images. It also helps a little that for some reason, I totally remember my 8th grade computer lit class and all of the html we learned!
If anyone has any questions about G-sites, I'm not an expert, but I'll try to help!

No comments:
Post a Comment