11.19.2008

Thanks, Oprah!

One of the great things about The Knot is that people love to share the wealth - whenever there's a free offer for anything, the entire Knot universe knows about it immediately. Last week, Oprah offered a free (usually $29.99) Snapfish photobook to all of her viewers (I can't imagine how many of those things they must have given away!) People on the knot ove to use those books as their guestbooks, etc but at that moment I was in the market for something different. (And far less important in the grand scheme of wedding things.)

I have always sort of been a fan of those "Why it's fun to be a flower girl" books available at B&N, Borders, etc but I wanted something a little more personalized for my 8 year old twin nieces. So, thanks to Oprah, I made them their own flower girl book for free (+ $6.50 shipping).

Here's one of the page spreads:



And here's the text I ended up using: {obviously it flows a lot better broken up and with pictures added}

Dear Niece 1 and Niece 2,
We've had a lot of fun times toger: Some silly times and some sillier times! I'm so happy to be your aunt! Now Fi and I ar getting married, and he's very excited to be your uncle. We would love for you to be our flower girls! This means you get to help me be a bride, and you get to wear a pretty dress. And the best part is that when we're married, we'll always remember that you were there to help us celebrate! We hope you're as excited as we are for oyu to be our flower girls!
Love,
Me

No comments: